From Healthy Options
Dairy Free, Vegetarian
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 14ox package of extra-firm tofu, drained
2 6oz packages of mixed mushrooms
2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce, dvidied
2 garlic cloves, minched
1 5oz package of baby spinach
1/2 cup fat-free vegetable broth
1 9.5oz package of udon noodles, cooked according to package directions
1. Cut tofu crosswise into 8 (1/2 inch) slices; cut each slice in half lengthwise. Pace on paper towels; let stand 10 minutes to drain.
2. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add tofu. Cook, partially covered, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Seat aside.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce plus garlic-chili sauce and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Gradually add spinach; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Transfer mushrooms and spinach to a platter.
4. Add broth and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce to skillet; bring to boiling. Add noodles, mushrooms and spinach; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Place noodle mixture in 6 bowls; top evenly with tofu slices. Spoon any remaining broth over each serving, and serve.
Serves 6 with 300 calories, 1 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 38g carbs, 5g fiber, 17g protein