1/2 pound skinless chicken breast, cut in 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup of water
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup snow peas
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup water chestnuts
1/2 cup bamboo shoots
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon nutmeg
black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
1. Heat large, non-stick skillet over high heat. Mix together lemon juice and spices in bowl. Set aside.
2. Add chicken, stirring frequently until chicken is browned on all sides.
3. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to boil.
4. Stir in broccoli, cooking 1 minute.
5. Stir in snow peas, mushrooms and water chestnuts, cooking 2 minutes.
6. Stir in lemon juice mixture and continue cooking 2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve over rice.
Thai Stir Fry – Use shredded cabbage, onion, celery and carrots for vegetable mixture, adding all at once. In place of lemon juice mixture do 1/8 cup lemon juice, 1/8 cup lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Seafood Stir Fry – use shrimp or scallops in place of chicken. Use bok choi, red peppers, green onions and mushrooms as veges.
Szechwan Stir Fry – in place of lemon juice mixture use 4 Tablespoons white wine, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, 3 cloves minced ginger and 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. This is great with lean beef.
- Banquet Style Lemon Chicken in dark soy sauce (masarapdin.wordpress.com)
- Beef and Broccoli Recipe (thedailymeal.com)
- Cashew Chicken (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)