6 Slices Bacon, cut up 1 tsp. salt
6 Green Onions
2 Celery Stalks
2 Handfuls of Bean Sprouts
6-8 Cups of Cooked Rice
Optional: 1⁄2 lb. cubed ham or 1⁄2 lb. Pork Roast, cubed)
- Heat Wok
- Add Bacon and stir fry until partially rendered.
- Add white part of the Green Onions. Stir fry until transparent
in bacon grease w/ bacon still cooking. Add 1 tsp. Salt
- Add Celery about 1 min. after onions. Stir Fry.
- Stir in eggs after they have been beaten.
- After eggs are set up add bean sprouts and stir for 1 minute.
- Add 6-8 Cups of cooled precooked rice.
- Add the green ends of your Green Onions while cooking the
rice. (should be diced.)
Note from Mom: If you use pork roast alone, add this along with 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in place of the bacon. I never add the soy sauce while cooking, I leave that to the consumer at the time it is served. This leaves your rice a prettier, whiter color.
~Henrike W. Bevan
This was one of our favorite Sunday Dinner’s when we were little kids. I remember it being a family event. We each got a turn adding an ingredient to the Wok.